If you think the exterior of your home is in need of some serious TLC, then you are the prefect candidate for the tips here. If your siding is in good repair, there isn't any reason that you should change it just to make your house look better. There are plenty of other ways that you can spruce up your exterior without having to go to those extremes.
Paint the Siding
Change the color of your siding by having it painted. So that you can focus on the details of the project, hire professionals who will paint the siding as well as the trim so you can enjoy the creative process rather than getting worn out with it before you really even get started. Before you have your siding painted, consider some of the details below:
- Do you want to blend in with the neighbors, or do you want your colors to stand out?
- Are you going to contrast the trim with the siding or simply match it?
- Consider testing colors on a small area on the back of the house so you can see if they look as good as you think they will.
Whether they are functional or not, shutters can really make a difference when it comes to the exterior of your home. In fact, they can turn a plain looking house into a personalized home with great curbside appeal.
- Use colors on the shutters that contrast with the colors on the house.
- Consider having shutters custom made with cut out designs like a star or heart on each one.
- Install shutters that actually work so you can block out storms or overwhelming sunlight.
- Dress up your shutters with 3-D items like butterfly cut outs or flowers
Install Window Planters
Window planters add to appeal of your home from the outside, but they can also a refreshing view from the inside. This is especially true if you live in an urban area where you don't see a lot of plant life when you look out the window. You can plant flowers, but you can also add small statues so you have something cheerful to look at even in the cold season.
Once you have your exterior painting done, by a company like Christopher Painting LLC, you have a foundation on which to create your masterpiece. Add the details that personalize your home, but also make the neighbors enjoy seeing your house. Not only will your house look better; it can also see an increase in value. When you consider that much of the project involves nothing more than some creative energy and arts and crafts supplies, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.